Change of Circumstance

What you need to tell us

It is important that you tell the ARP if your Business circumstances change that may affect your Business Rates

Email to tell us about your change of circumstance, quoting your Business Rates Reference

This includes:

  • Change of Business Address
  • If you leave your property
  • If your property changes from empty to occupied, or vice versa
  • If you receive Small Business Rate Relief and you take on another premises—this includes premises outside this local authority area.
  • If the usage of your property changes, for example, from a shop to a office.
  • If you receive Discretionary Rate Relief and there is a significant change to your finances or what the property is used for.


If there have been structural alterations or a change of use, we may have to refer this to the Valuation Office Agency for them to reassess the property.