Change of Circumstance
What you need to tell us
It is important that you tell the ARP if your Business circumstances change that may affect your Business Rates
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about your change of circumstance, quoting your Business Rates Reference
- Change of Business Address
- If you leave your property
- If your property changes from empty to occupied, or vice versa
- If you receive Small Business Rate Relief and you take on another premises—this includes premises outside this local authority area.
- If the usage of your property changes, for example, from a shop to a office.
- If you receive Discretionary Rate Relief and there is a significant change to your finances or what the property is used for.
If there have been structural alterations or a change of use, we may have to refer this to the Valuation Office Agency for them to reassess the property.