Change of Circumstances
If you are moving you can let us know online - you will need to choose the correct form listed below.
- Let us know about a change of address online
- Let us know about a change of address online and if you receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction
Other Changes of Circumstance
You must tell us if your circumstances change within one month of it happening. This also includes any change in circumstances of the people that live with you. If you don't tell us about any changes within one month then any increase to your benefit entitlement will be applied from the date you tell us (rather than the date the change happened).
A change could affect the amount of benefit you get paid. If you don't tell us about a change and you receive a benefit overpayment as a result, you will be responsible for paying it back, you could also face prosecution.
Some changes that may affect your claim could include:
- Changes to your income (any wages, savings or a pension)
- Changes to any other benefit you receive such as tax credits
- Changes in the amount of rent you pay
- Someone moves in or out of your property
- The birth of a child, a child leaving home or any childcare costs
Payments of Housing Benefit are awarded to you continuously so that you don't need to fill in any renewal forms. We ensure our information is up to date using the following methods:
- Cross checks with the Department for Work and Pensions and HM Revenue &Customs
- Visits to customers in their homes
- Checking details with customers by phone
You must still let us know of any changes in your circumstances – it could affect your benefit entitlement.